Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tissue Box Inspiration

Some time ago I posted a card that was inspired by the design on a box of tissues. The first one was posted here.


Well - it happened again. This box of tissues just made me think of a background for a masculine card.



I used a brayer to add Early Espresso ink to a piece of Soft Suede. It was okay but not what I had hoped for.

Card Stock - Soft Suede, So Saffron, Marina Mist

Stamp Set - Bring on the Cake

Ink - Early Espresso

Embellishments - Marina Mist 3/8 inch taffeta ribbon, Linen thread


So this time I used Crumb Cake as the background and added Soft Suede and Early Espresso with the brayer. The colors are a little different than my inspiration but the effect is closer. Not too bad for a masculine card :-)

Card Stock - Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Lucky Limeade

Stamp Set - Bring on the Cake

Embellishments - 3/8 inch taffeta ribbon dyed with Lucky Limeade, Star brad (retired)


This card was also inspired by a tissue box. I had the empty tissue box (burgundy with a navy swirl design and then a gold accent design on the end) laying around my craft room for months but it has been discarded before I could get a photo - and of course, not another one like it in the house!

Card Stock - Bravo Burgundy, Night of Navy, Crumb Cake

Ink - Night of Navy, Bravo Burgundy

Embellishment - Night of Navy satin ribbon, Gold embossing powder

Stamp Set- Elements of Style, Tagtastic


And while looking through the house for a burgundy tissue box, I found another one that 'inspired' me in DD's bedroom. I'll have to try it and post more photos at a later date. Where do you get your inspiration?

No comments: