Friday, August 19, 2011

Technique Tuesday

One of my favorite SU Demo activities is the Technique Tuesday class. It forces me to experiment with new techniques or even develop my own. It also gives me a chance for some to get to know some of my customers. Typically I only have one or two people attend (one month I had 5!) but that is okay since I block that time out on my calendar and if I don't need the time for the Technique Tuesday class, I use it to experiment or work on my own projects. I never complain about having time to myself in the craft room!





This month the technique was Brayer Background. There are many ways you can use the brayer to create a background on the card (maybe I should just have a brayer workshop someday) and they are all pretty simple. The technique I taught uses 2 ink colors and you ink up your brayer with both colors at the same time by putting the stamp pads end to end.
Card Stock: Pear Pizzazz, Early Espresso, Bashful Blue
Ink: Stazon Black, Pear Pizzazz, Bashful Blue
Stamp Set: Lovely as a Tree
Ribbon: 1/8 inch taffeta in Early Espresso





The end result is always unique and I have to admit when I was experimenting with the shades of blue for this card I threw a couple attempts in the trash. I also would put my horizon a little lower when I make another card like this one.
Card Stock - Night of Navy, Marina Mist, Whisper White
Ink - Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, Night of Navy
Stamp Set - Sail Away
Embellishment - 1/8 inch taffeta ribbon in Night of Navy



This is my favorite of the ones I made. The horizon hits just about perfect for the stamp set. The verital streaks just add to the 'mood' of the card I think but if you want a smoother look you can use the Glossy White paper.
Card Stock- Pear Pizzazz, Early Espresso, Whisper White
Ink - Pear Pizzazz, Early Espresso, Bashful Blue
Ribbon - 1/8 inch taffeta in Early Espresso

Let me know if you try this technique - and post your results :-)


No comments: