Sunday, August 14, 2011

August Club

Here are the cards we made at the August Club meeting - so much fun!

This used a chalk-erase technique. The flowers and leaves are stamped using Basic Gray and then you use a cotton ball to rub on some pastel chalks. Use the eraser and make some diagonal lines through the design. Stamp the sentiment using Black Stazon ink above the erased lines. The ribbon is the new dotted scallop ribbon and a three dimensional flower is added for an accent. The three dimensional flower is made by doing numerous images of the same flower and cutting it out in layers - then layering them using dimensionals.
Stamp sets - Flower Fest, Bring on the Cake
Card Stock - Whisper White, Tangerine Tango
Inks, etc - Black Stazon, Basic Gray stampin pad, Stampin Pastels in Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Tangerine Tango, Tempting Turquoise
Ribbon - Old Olve dotted scallop
Punch - Ticket corner
This fun fold was a hit (even if it was a challenge).
Stamp Set - Delicate Doilies, Occasions Alphabet
Card Stock - Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, Whisper White
Die cut - Perfect Pennants
DSP - Flirtatious
Ribbon -1/8 inch Pumpkin Pie taffeta
Punch - Scallop circle


The card opened - a simple but impressive card.



Sail Away is always a hit. This stamp will only be available until August 31. We used a masking technique to make the clouds. It is hard to see in this photo but the sails were stamped on a scrap of Whisper White and cut out, then added to the card using dimensionals.


Stamp sets - Sail Away, Bring on the Cake (sentiment inside)


Card Stock - Whisper White, Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Basic Gray


Embellishments - Designer Buttons, Baker's Twine in Cherry Cobbler


Punch - Scallop Circle


Our project was this little gift box. The flower and band slide off to open the box.
Card Stock - Melon Mambo, Lucky Limeade, Concord Crush


DSP - Cheerful Treat (hostess product)


Die - Fun Flower


Here is the box opened. It would be a nice way to present a gift card or a tiny trinket - or put a couple handmade notecards inside :-) For the club workshop I cut out a bunch of the fun flowers and let everyone come up with their own combinations. I had a bunch left over so had to play a little bit after they all left.




This one uses a scrap of the DSP as an accent on the band of Concord Crush.



The tiny polka dots on the DSP coordinate with the tiny polka dots in the leaves of the print used for the flower. I love those little things about Stampin Up papers.




Here I used a partial flower by placing it on the edge of the paper :-)




The flowers on the band match the design used for the flower.



Most of the cards I made were in this style. I did not add any sentiment (can do that later - or I may just use them as blank notes).



For this one, I layered two strips of card stock (Concord Crush and Melon Mambo) to make a stripe behind the flower. Stampin Up's DSP makes it so easy. Each pack has the colors listed so you know exactly how to enhance it. Those color combinations are great even if you use a small piece of the DSP or none at all.



1 comment: