Monday, August 22, 2011

Holiday Mini - Spice Cake Paper

One of my favorite things in the Holiday mini catalog is the Spice Cake Designer Series Paper. I have had such fun playing with it, making some samples to show off at the September clubs.

I really love how this card turned out (had no idea when I started). I thought I was going to try something masculine with the striped paper but it just didn't go there. Some times cards just have a mind of their own!

Card Stock - Soft Suede, Whisper White, More Mustard
Stamp Set -Array of Sunshine (Hostess set)
Inks - More Mustard, Soft Suede
Embellishments- More Mustard Dotted Scallop ribbon, Whisper White 5/16 inch brad

The dotted ribbon is reversible and I used the solid side for this card. I ruffled it by putting a piece of sticky strip on the card front then gathered up the ribbon and pressed it to the sticky strip.

The stem actually had a larger leaf on it in addition to the small one you see here. I stamped the flower on a scrap of paper, cut it out and adhered it over the larger leaf. I stamped a second flower and cut out the center and added it with dimensional to make it 3-D.

Here I wanted to show off one of the new punches.

Card Stock - Pool Party, More Mustard, Soft Suede
Ink - Pool Party, Soft Suede
Stamp Set - Bring on the Cake
Punch - Lace Border punch

Here is another layered flower. I stamped the Posy design in Soft Suede and in More Mustard and cut out the sections then layered on the 2 3/8 inch scallop punch of Pool Party.

Card Stock - Soft Suede, Pool Party, More Mustard, Whisper White
Ink -Soft Suede, More Mustard
Stamp Set - Happiest Birthday Wishes, Posy Punch

The punch art flower was inspired by the flower on the DSP.

Card Stock - Pool Party, Soft Suede, More Mustard, Whisper White
Ink - Soft Suede
Tools - Ticket Corner punch, Five Petal Flower punch, Boho Blossoms punch, 2 3/8 inch Scallop Circle punch,Fancy Flower punch
Embellishment - Soft Suede Dotted ribbon (retired), In Color Printed Brad

Here is a fun fold card made using the DSP. The flowers are made like the one on the previous card except I turned the Five Petal Flower punch a little when assembling. I also used the 2 1/2 inch circle punch instead of the scallop circle. I like the 3/8 inch taffeta ribbon on these cards but I didn't have any to match so I dyed some in More Mustard and Pool Party using the ink pad and a sponge.

Here the card is open. The sentiment comes from the Herb Expressions stamp set.

No comments: