Sunday, August 28, 2011

Jazz It Up Again

Here is another attempt at 'jazzing up' a card.



This is a very plain and simple card - not too thrilling.
Card Stock - Whisper White and Regal Rose
Ink - Soft Suede
Stamp Sets - Happiest Birthday Wishes and Simply Said

Here I mounted the sentiment on a rectangle of Regal Rose. I also added the Regal Rose to the flowers. This is a two step stamp set. I have found that I need to use the Stamp-a-ma-jig with this set to get my stamps lined up closely.

A notch more - I used Soft Suede for the card base instead of the Whisper White. I also trimmed around the sentiment. I mounted it on Regal Rose and trimmed that to the same shape. I added a Boho Blossom flower of Regal Rose on Soft Suede with a Whisper White brad.

Since the card base was Soft Suede and that is too dark to be able to write a note, I added some Very Vanilla stamped with a single flower to the inside of the card.


And here I have taken it another step. The DSP is some retired I had on hand. The torn corner with the DSP behind it is an idea I got from the Idea Book and Catalog. It just adds a little interest.

I put some Crystal Effects on the flowers.



The ribbon is 3/8 inch taffeta in Soft Suede. I put down a strip of Sticky Strip and then folded the ribbon back and forth to make the pleats. The rhinestone is colored with the Regal Rose marker but it does not show up very well.


I added the shadow flowers by stamping off on scrap paper a couple times to get most of the ink off the stamp. I like the look it gives around the border. Sponging the paper edges also gives the card a little more interest and dimension.


I moved the sentiment inside and sponged around that as well. So with just a few tools and a little time you can take your simple card idea and 'jazz it up'.

No comments: