Friday, August 5, 2011

Burnishing - bold and bright!

I played with a new technique today - burnishing. You can see my tutorial here


I love how bright these cards turned out. I did most of them with no sentiment and I will add one before sending or just use as blank note cards.

For these cards, I used Tempting Turquoise, Tangerine Tango, Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry inks. The ribbon on this card is Rich Razzleberry 3/8 inch taffeta. I used the Flower Fest stamp set for the burnished designs and here I used Teeny Tiny Wishes for the sentiment. My burnished design is mounted on Tangerine Tango and Old Olive. The sentiment is punched with Word Window (Whisper White) and Modern Label (Tempting Turquoise).


This one used Old Olive 3/8 inch taffeta ribbon and is mounted on Tangerine Tango and Rich Razzleberry. I used the Fancy Flower punch for accent.


More Rich Razzleberry 3/8 inch taffeta ribbon and the Butterfly punch were used on this card. It is mounted on Rich Razzleberry, Tempting Turquoise and a card base of Tangerine Tango.


This one uses the 1/8 inch taffeta ribbon in Rich Razzleberry. It is mounted on Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry and a Tangerine Tango card base.


And more of the same - 3/8 inch Rich Razzleberry taffeta ribbon, Butterfly punch, and mounted on Rich Razzleberry, Tempting Turquoise and a card base of Tangerine Tango.

No comments: