Tuesday, December 16, 2014

12 Days of Charity - Day 4

We have supported Mosaic Pregnancy & Health Centers for many years. We participate in their baby bottle campaign every year through our church.  It is a fun way to raise money.  Each family takes home an empty baby bottle and fills it with loose change to donate to Mosaic.   Last May, I was on a work trip near home.  The man I was working with pulled out a baby bottle from his backpack and put his loose change in it after paying for his lunch.   He started to explain and I just smiled and said "We do that too."  He was collecting for another pregnancy center but it seems to be a common fundraising campaign.
I also like to knit or crochet hats for infants with my scrap yarn throughout the year and donate to Mosaic.  If I have larger amounts of yarn, I make baby blankets.  They are always grateful for any ot these items that I drop off.


These are the hats I am donating this week.  I used up a lot of scraps and cleaned out some of my excess yarn. 


Five baby blankets are also going to Mosaic this week.  I experimented with some new patterns. Some I will use again - and some I was glad to only being doing a small baby blanket :-) 


This is some fleece that I bought on sale at Joann's specifically to make this blanket to donate to Mosaic.  Some mom or dad will just love this for their little one.

If you knit or crochet, this is a good way to use up extra yarn or to even practice a pattern to see if you would like it for a bigger project.  There are lots of free patterns  (all levels of expertise) at sites like Lion Brand Yarn.

My card to share today is one of my favorites -

I love the color combination of Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler and Crumb Cake.  The double ribbon (Very Vanilla and Cherry Cobbler seam binding) turned out really cute and the decorative punch on just the one corner gives it some character.  

No comments: