Thursday, August 28, 2014

Casing my cases

Some time ago I saw a challenge to case something in the annual catalog. Instead of blindly choosing page numbers, I picked the ones I wanted to case. Then I played with the ideas and create some of my own. 


This is cased from a card on page 68 of the catalog.  It's a little different but the same basic design. I really liked the piercing along the bottom. I forget to add some on those personal touches. 


So here are some others cards that were inspired by that design. No ribbon and two rows of piercing. I pierced every other hole and alternated between the two rows. 


Another - and yes I botched the stamp of the sentiment when I did it directly on the card front so added the Crushed Curry strip. I added piercing to it similar to the card front to tie it in more. 

This one has no flowers and a more elegant bow. The piercing was done using 3 rows. The middle row is pierced in every third hole. 


This card was cased from a card on page  80. The original was done in crumb cake but I had this retired Calypso Coral DSP with the white hearts that I thought was perfect for a new baby card. 

And if course, that inspired some more cards. 


The penant on this one is scored.  I scored on one side doing every other line, then turned it over and scored the lines I skipped on the first side. I like the look. 


I made a couple like this, using different colors got the circle and scalloped circle pieces. 
More tomorrow - I've been working on cupcakes inspired by the card on page 58 of the catalog. 







1 comment:

BeeJane said...

Happy accidents... create new inspiration... love the Crushed Curry and mirrored paper piercing on that card.
I like your scored banner, too. I'll have to try that.