Thursday, April 25, 2013

Cheap therapy

Cheap Therapy

When I am stressed, I have a couple different therapies that I use.  Who needs to pay a professional therapist when you can craft, cook , consume and cuddle.



For the crafting, I made some masculine cards.  I had some of the retired Dusty Durango designer paper and just cut it into 5 x 3 3/4 inch rectangles and went from there.  I chose random samples of Whisper White and took the splash image from the reitred Extreme Elements set.  I stamped some Wild Wasabi splashes on the Whispery White.   I stamped the sentiment using Early Espresso.
My DH may not agree that this is a 'cheap' therapy but he has learned that if I am grouchy, a couple hours in the craft room and my mood improves.


I mounted the designer paper and the Whisper White on Early Espresso card stock.  I wrapped some Early Espresso baker's twine around the card pieces and tied with a short pice of the twine.  These were adhered to a Wild Wasabi card base.

On a couple I added a Wild Wasabi button.  I put some twine through the button holes and tied the button to the twine.  I put some mini glue dots behind the button as it was a little heavy for the twine.  The glue dots held it perfectly. 
I stamped 6 images but only had enough designer paper to make 5 cards so one used a smaller piece of the designer series paper. 

And while I was crafting, I had some buttery roll dough mixing up in the bread machine. 

These are so good.  I had two with my supper and then had two more for an evening snack.  Who needs sweets!??!?   You can get the recipe here -Buttery Rolls  I found this in a magazine many years ago and don't know whose recipe it was originally. 
Working with the dough helps relieve som eof the stress.

And that brings me to the thrid cheap therapy -consuming, or eating  :-)  Somedays you just need to indulge yourself a little and eating these rolls was my indulgence.

The last therapy is cuddle.  Dear granddaughter Adelyn, came over with her mommy and daddy.  We could all just stit and watch her for hours :-) Some cuddle time with her and everything looks better.

No comments: