Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Baby Announcements

It was my privilege to be able to design and make baby announcements for my granddaughter, Adelyn.  I did baby announcements for boh my daughters but those were simply photocopies of a handwritten document with a photo stuck in the envelope.   For the first one we did a Christmas birth theme since she was born mid-December.  For #2 we did a theatrical theme with producer (me), director (DH) and supporting actress (daughter #1). 
Now that I am into stamping and such - I was excited to give it a try.


 This is what I came up with .  The little envelope is a Sizzix die and so easy to do.  I sponged the eyelet edge with Pretty in Pink and added the ribbon.  Pretty in Pink is retiring and I am going to miss it.  I use it a lot on little girly things.  I have stocked up on the ribbon! 

 Inside the envelope is a wallet size photo of our little princess.  We printed her birth details/stats on address labels and put them on back of the photo.

 Here is a closer look at the photo.  Isn't she precious!  Hard to believe he is here.  Mommy and Adelyn came by to visit me at work today.  She is always a hit in the office of ladies :-)   She has changed so much. 


Tonight I am vegging out and just sitting and looking at her pictures and warming up with a hot milk steamer.  It is rainy and cold outside - may even have some snow flurries tonight - so the hot steamer is just the thing! 

No comments: