Sunday, September 11, 2011

Special Treats

I played around with some special treats the other day. These would be great for classroom treats - too bad my girls are past that stage. Maybe I'll make some for my co-workers for Halloween.

The cylinders are easy to use and work well with M&M's and tic-tac mints. I also found out that chapstick tubes and the Twizzler pull apart candies do not fit in the cylinders (have to eat all of those Twizzlers myself). A holiday pencil, a rolled up dollar bill, or a gift certificate would fit - just some ideas I have seen on other blogs.
The mini milk carton is one of those Big Shot dies that I don't own but my sister does :-) - Yes, I cut that out when in Chicago last weekend and put it together at home. It holds about 6 Hershey nugget candies.

The cylinders have a sticky strip on the flap closure which makes it super easy to use. I topped them off with some holiday stamps and a little bit of ribbon - and that's it!

For the milk carton I took a strip of Spice Cake DSP and wrapped it around to decorate it. Then I stamped a sentiment from the Oval All set in Pool Party and mounted it on a scallop of Pool Party. Added a Very Vanilla ribbon to hold it closed and that was it!
This would make a nice little treat for a special friend or favors for a special party. I may have to invest in that die!

No comments: