Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Couple More from the Holiday Mini

One of the perks of having my sister back in Chicago is getting to 'share' our Stampin Up tools and ideas. On the road trip last weekend I took along a few things that I bought from the new catalog which she did not have and while there I played with some of her new toys.


I stamped and embossed the background of this card at her house, then put it all together today.
Card Stock - Wisteria Wonder, Soft Suede, Whisper White
Ink - Soft Suede, Wisteria Wonder
Stamp Set - Simply Soft (hostess set)
Embellishments - In Color Brads, Soft Suede 3/8 inch taffeta ribbon
Tools - Big Shot and the new Snow Burst embossing folder

Here is a close-up of the bow. I wrapped the ribbon around the piece of cardstock then made a loop with a second piece of ribbon. I gathered that loop between the brad prongs (easier said than done - but it turned out okay).

The Snow Burst background is very subtle and really goes with almost any card theme. Here is just adds some texture and I don't think it looks wintry at all.

One of her new hostess stamp sets is Faith in Nature. I have not gotten this one yet (still haven't decided if I will). I stamped the pear image in Chicago and finished it up today here at home.




Card Stock - More Mustard, Soft Suede, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White
Stamp Sets - Faith in Nature, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink- Soft Suede, Pear Pizzazz, More Mustard
Embellishments - More Mustard button, Certainly Celery 3/8 inch taffeta ribbon
Tools - Medium Oval punch, Small Oval punch (retired)

I used a sponge dauber and added some More Mustard ink to the pear. Then added some Pear Pizzazz to the right hand edge of the pear and the leaf. It is fun to color outside the lines!




I pulled the ribbon through from the front and tied a knot before pulling the second end through the button. Just something a little different.


I did not want to do the usual layered ovals - so tried three ovals staggered and layered.

It is fun playing with my sister's toys and also fun having pieces ready to go and spark the imagination when I sit down to make some cards.

No comments: