Sunday, March 1, 2009

Bountiful Dinner

I got 2 nice rolled pork roasts when I did my shopping - wasn't sure if one would be enough for Sunday dinner with leftovers for barbecue sandwiches. As it turned out, DD19 and her boyfriend were home for the weekend. His parents were out of town today so I invited him for dinner. Then at church I realized his sister (16 friend of DD17) was home as well so I invited her for dinner also. Glad I cooked both roasts :-)
Since DD19's boyfriend is a 'picky' eater I was sure to have a wide variety of side dishes. I cooked the small red potatoes and mini carrots in the crock pot with the roasts. In a second crock pot, I layered apple wedges, butter and cinnamon and sugar mixture. Cooked that on low for over 3 hours and they were delicious! I also heated up some frozen corn and made a tossed salad. We had freshly baked Schwan's baquette. For dessert I pulled out a cheesecake sampler I had in the freezer.
Needless to say we have lots of leftovers but it was such a good feeling to be able to be able to invite and unexpected dinner guest. Often we get fast food on the way home from church or just have soup or leftovers.
And again - no pictures! I have got to hide my camera in the kitchen or something.....

No comments: