Saturday, March 21, 2009

Home again

DD19 and I took a road trip during her college Spring Break. We drove to Kansas to visit DH's younger sister and her family. They have a 4 week old darling little girl and a rambunctious 3 year old boy. It was a fun time but glad to be home.
While there we watched some shows on the Food Network and DD19 thought a Steakhouse Shepherd's Pie that Rachael Ray made sounded pretty good. I have a Shepherd's Pie recipe that the family really liked when I tried it some time ago - so I made it tonight for supper. That and a salad was a great welcome home meal.
I need to get back into planning meals. Tomorrow we're having Orange Thyme Crock Chicken from Saving Dinner. I can put it in the crock pot early tomorrow morning (when I have to get up to let the dog out anyway) and it will be ready for us when we get home from church. We'll have some asparagus and canned cranberry sauce with it.
DD17 will have her Spring Break in 2 weeks so she wants to go to Kansas too - so I will get to see the baby again then. I know she will change a lot in the 2 weeks :-)

No comments: