Saturday, March 14, 2009

6 am on Saturday morning

I don't think I have been up this early on a Saturday for a while (maybe out of bed to let the dog out and then crawl back between the sheets for an hour or two).

Today is Titus 2 day - ladies at the church had signed up for Titus 2 groups in January. The groups meet once a month and when we signed up all we knew was what day and time the meetings were. The 'Deborah' group is on the second Saturday of each month at 7 am. I missed the February meeting because I was out of town.

We meet to get to know each other better, pray for each other and encourage each other. I am looking forward to getting to know some of the ladies better. In our church family (300+ people) there always seems to be a new face and just putting names to faces take concentrated effort.

7 am did not sound nearly as early when I signed up but with the daylight savings time change it is still dark and with the neighborhood so quiet and no one else up in the house - it seems really early. Of course, during the week we are already out the door by 7 am so it really is not that bad.

DD19 is home for spring break - so next week will be busy with getting her car in for some preventive maintenance and other appointments that she can't do on her weekend trips home. She and I are taking a short trip the end of the week to visit a new baby in the family. I am looking forward to having some time with her (5 hour car ride each way) although I know she will read, sleep and listen to her IPOD :-) While riding in the car, both DDs always opened up to me when they were younger so it is a sort of habit they have developed. Maybe just because they don't have all the distractions and no one (DAD or sister) can overhear and join in the conversation.

1 comment:

CameoRoze (Margaret) said...

Hi Mary ...

Because you continually inspire me, I’ve passed on an award to you. Please check out my blog today to get your ribbon.

Cameo @–>–>—
Studio Window