Saturday, January 10, 2009

Heart Puzzle


This is a puzzle I framed for DD17. She found the puzzle at my parents' house several years ago and wanted it because she loves hearts. The puzzle was a gift to my mom years ago (she passed away in 1995). DD17 put the puzzle together and asked about hanging it in her room which I said we could do. So the puzzle laid on top of a hutch we have in the family room for about 2 years before I did something about it.

I bought some Hodge Podge and the white frame at Michael's this morning. The frame was 50% off so it was a good deal. The puzzle fit in the frame perfectly so we did not even use the Hodge Podge. That way if/when DD17 gets tired of the framed puzzle we can take it apart and use it as a puzzle again.

It really is a fun puzzle. The hearts appear to be ceramic (probably plastic) and each one has a unique design. It is fun to just look over it and each time you notice something different about one of the hearts. It is 18 x 24 inches and look really nice on her wall.

Of course, while I was in Michael's I had to use the 40% off coupon that expired today. Since the frame was already on sale I could not use it for that The Hodge Podge was only $5 so that wouldn't be much of a saving. So I picked up a punch that I had my eye on. It is a row of slots about every 1/2 inch and will be perfect for weaving ribbon along the edge of a card or scrapbook page. I think it will be cute to use with the scallop punch. I can't wait to do some card making and scrapbooking - maybe next weekend while my sister is here.

No comments: