Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Happy Birthday Mom

Today is my mom's birthday. She would be 97 but died in 1995 at the age of 76. She was not only my mother but my mentor and friend. I am so thankful I fog to know her as an adult. I'm also grateful that she got to meet my daughters - the last of her grandchildren.  My girls were 5 and 4 when she died so they have limited memories of her ( the younger one doesn't really remember her but has seem videos and photos of them together). 


My mom always considered this tier wedding picture. They did not have pictures of their wedding but this was taken a couple months later. 


Here they are many years later. This was probably 1990.  I see more and more of my mom in the mirror every year. Others often tell me I look like her and those who knew her sometimes tell me I remind them of her.  What a great compliment! She was a wonderful woman - loving and giving. Often sacrificing for her family and not minding at all. 

No comments: