Monday, July 21, 2014

More cards and another recipe




I played with some more balloon shapes and arrangements this evening.  This time I used some retired card stock - Concord Crush, Peach Parfait, Lucky Limeade, Not Quite Navy and Poppy Parade.



I found the easiest way to tie the strings and anchor them was to take another piece of twine and lay it under the balloon strings. Using a small piece of tape, anchor the ends below where you want to tie them.  Tie the loose piece of twine around the balloon strings and make a bow.  Remove the tape and use a mini glue dot to anchor the bow on the card front.






I added heart balloons to some for anniversary cards.  Something different.






Another anniversary card.  I used the Decorative Label punch for the tab with the sentiment.





On a couple of the cards I used a white gel pen to draw the strings for the balloons rather than using the twine. 



Made these yummy veggies for supper tonight.   Roasted Squash - zucchini, yellow squash, sweet red pepper and green onions.  Topped with basil and mozzarella cheese.




Everyone else had spaghetti with the meatballs but I put some of the sauce on the roasted squash and had my meatballs on the side.   Very good!  Didn't miss the spaghetti or the carbs :-)   The only bad thing was everyone liked the squash and there were not many leftovers.   We will definitely have this again.

No comments: