Saturday, July 19, 2014

Creating cards and a new recipe

We recently visited friends in Louisiana and they have a bluebird house in their front yard.  They have bluebirds and several beautiful eggs in the birdhouse. They have already watched one set of egg hatch and the baby birds grow and leave the nest and are excited to watch this set. 

This inspired me to make some bluebird cards when I got back home.  I cased a card I saw on another blog - but don't know whose. If it was yours, thanks! 



I used some retired DSP and chose coordinating colors for my cardstock. 



Another one 




This one got two wing tips. I punched too many so put one flat on the background card stock before gluing the bird down, then using a dimensional put the second on do just a little bit tilted from the first one.


And I was creative in the kitchen tonight. Started out with a Tuscan Chicken recipe then noticed I still had some chipotle chilis in adobo sauce in the frig so decided to make something southwestern. I used 2 chilis and it was a little hot so will probably only use 1 the next time. 








I call it Southwestern Chicken with Salsa Jam. I served it with creamy broccoli slaw (to cool off the taste buds ) and vinegar cucumbers. 


No comments: