Thursday, July 4, 2013

More craft therapy

Time in the craft room whether sorting paper, cataloging my stamp sets or actually making cards is always a sort of therapy.  I can sit and think through troubles while doing something like sorting paper scraps or push troubles out of my mind while searching the internet for new ideas and techniques. 
Recently I worked on some sample cards for one of my customers.  She does not have access to the internet so is always thankful when I share some of my card samples with her.  She recently purchased the Floral Frames framelits and I wanted to show her a couple fancy cuts using those.

 
 The Floral Frame is partially cut through the cardstock - just from the back of the card - so that the flower sticks up about the fold of the card.   The Daydream Medallion stamp set coordinates well with the frame dies. I have used some retired Designer Series paper and a retired stamp set, Sketches for the card. 

 
The Floral Frame again for the card on the left.  I set it up wrong and cut out more than I wanted but it works :-)  For the card on the right, I used the Oval framelits.   Another one I like to use is the Heart framelits.  I will have to make some more of those and post them.
 
Another request from my friend was a cut-out card.  She saw one in the new catalog with a square and just a single flower stamped inside the card.  I know she has the Floral Frames so tried that on one.  The other uses the Heart framelits   I will probably do more of these as they are 'special' but still easy.
 
 
I also am low on anniversary cards.  Last time my sister was visiting (probably around Christmas/New Year) I asked her to bring along any stamps she had for anniversary cards.   I stamped up a bunch of the love-birds and love image and finally got around to doing something with them. 
 
 
Here are some more of the love image.  The scraps of retired designer paper worked perfectly for the hearts. 
 
 
I also did some of these Sketches images.  really like these for an anniversary card.  I stamped on whatever scraps I had so had a variety of colors.  These were quick and easy.
 
 
I liked the Sketches set so much that I checked it out on E-Bay.  I found 3 retired sets of various sketches that I wound up bidding on and winning.  This one is a sketch of a woman with a baby.  I combined it with sentiments from the Cuddles and Kisses set.  I really like some of the sentiments in that set.  There is one for twins, one for adoption and one for either boy or girl babies.  So you can be more specific on the card if you like.  I love the grandma sentiment on the card on the left.  I have a couple friends who will become grandmas for the first time later this year so will put that to good use.  The set also has a "Thank you from baby and me" which I used for thank you cards I made for my daughter. 
I have been forcing myself to use up scraps before I can get anything new :-)  I have done a pretty good job but still have so many to use!   The polka dot ribbon on the grandma card was from a baby gift at my daughter's shower.   I don't throw anything away - one reason why I have so many scraps to use up.
 






No comments: