Sunday, June 30, 2013

Finishing off the Weekend

In keeping with my 'goal' on Saturday, today I used up some more of my scraps and items I have gotten from the demo wish list.  I got these wolf and eagle images from one of the other demonstrators. 
 
They are statmped using Stazon black on Crumb Cake.  I added Chocolate Chip and Cherry Cobbler to amke some masculine cards.
 
 
I did finish off 2 ribbon spools - making room for more :-)  I also pulled out some retired designer paper that looks like wookgrain - some in browns, some white and brown and some red and brown.
And I got a lot of use from the Ovals Framelits that I purchased recently.  So I got to play with a new toy too. I got 2 cards done and still have more of the images but those will wait for another day.
 
 
I also had some vehicle images from the Need for Speed set.  I got these from a granted wish but liked them so much I wound up buying the set.  So the pre-stamped images sort of got forgotten.  I took care of that today.  This card design is taken from a birthday card I got from my niece.   It was really simple!  I liked the plain black and white image (and did not want to color them) so stuck with Basic Black, Basic Gray and Smoky Slate with a little bit of color accent.   For most, I used black and gray with the red accent.
 
 
For a few, I used Tempting Turquoise with the black and gray.  I also used Orange and Yellow  ....
 

 
and then tried Real Red and Pacific Point.  I was trying to make it a little more 'nautical' for the speed boat. 
 
It wasn't all masculine though -
 
 
I layered some more ovals in Smoky Slate and Strawberry Slush on this one.  Added the new ruffled ribbon around the largest oval.  It was so easy!  Love the ribbon!
 
 
 
For this one I stamped off the floral spray using Basic Gray and Gumball Green on a piece of vellum card stock.  I cut the larger oval from Smoky Slate and laid it on the Soft Sky card base.  I centered a smaller oval inside the larger one and cut that out. (the framelits make that so easy!)  I placed the vellum between the Smoky Slate and Soft Sky.  The flower and sent tag are Calypso Coral. The tag was made by cutting a rectangle around the sentiment and then just sticking the ends in the Moderm label puch to trim off the end. 
 
 
And I spent a little time in the kitchen - Fiesta Chicken Casserole and Roasted Asparagus for supper.  It was pretty easy and very delicious! 

So, ready for Monday.  Got lots of card therapy and looking forward to the holiday on Thursday and a family reunion next weekend. 

No comments: