Thursday, July 11, 2013

Something old, something new

Had a day off today so have been playing with some card stock :-)  I needed to get some samples done for a workshop this weekend and used a piece of some retired Designer Series Paper - Everyday Enchantment.  So when I finished with my samples, I decided to use up the sheet and make some birthday cards.   Here are some I made using the 'old' DSP and some 'new' items.
 
This is the sample for the workshop.  We are going to do heat embossing and I did this one to see how the Wild Wasabi embossing powder would look on Wild Wasabi cardstock.  I wound up heated one section too much and sort of bleached out the color of the embossing powder so I overheated all of it.  Then I sponged over it with Soft Suede.  The stamps used here are from  Elementary Elegance - both it and the DSP were Sale-a-bration items that I got free. 
The something 'new' is the Baked Brown Sugar ruffled ribbon.  Love this stuff! 



Calypso Coral is used for this card.  The ribbon was another item from Sale-a-bration the same year as the DSP.  The stamp set is Simply Sketched, a new hostess set.  The vintage button is a new item this year.

On this one I flipped the DSP and used both sides.  The 'new' item is the two candy dots.  They look like brads but don't add the bulk to the card.  Love them!   Stamp set is Perfectly Penned.

I paired the Calypso Coral with Basic Gray for this card.  The paper doily is the 'new' item.  They came out some time ago but they are fairly new for me.  The brad is from Sale-a-bration too. 

And here are a few cards that don't really have anything 'new' on them.  Just using up the sheet of DSP.
The little butterfly brad is from the Sale-a-bration also.  I love free stuff!  The brads coordinate so well with the DSP.

Just a little different version of the same items. 

Now - back to playing - have a punch art workshop in a couple weeks and need to find some designs.

No comments: