Saturday, July 13, 2013

Heat embossing workshop

I held a Heat Embossing Workshop this weekend and here are some of the items we made plus some samples I had to display. 

 This is one of the cards we made.  I love the embossed colors on the dark card stock.  I used Melon Mambo and Wild Wasabi.  The stamp sets are Papillon Potpourri (butterflies), Simply Sketched (sentiment) and a retired Silhouette Sentiments (flowers).

 I used the clear embossing powder on the piece of Real Red and stamped the same flowers on using Real Red on Whisper White.  This was placed on a piece of Crumb Cake and Whisper White card base.

 I used the retired stamp set Elementary Elegance and DSP Everyday Enchantment on this one.  The ribbon is the new Baked Brown Sugar ruffled stretch ribbon.  I heat embossed Wild Wasabi powder on Wild Wasabi card stock then sponged over it with Soft Suede.

 I used Melon Mambo and Wild Wasabi again.  Basic Black was used to accent.  The butterfly punch works really well with the stamp set.  Most punches leave a little blank space around the design but this punch cuts right on the outer edge of the butterfly.

 Elementary Elegance again.  I did the frame in Gold on Basic Black.  The butterfly was done using black embossing powder on Whisper White. 

I then used a sponge dauber and added some Daffodil Delight to the very center and Melon Mambo to the wings. Very striking! 

 For this one I embossed the flowers on the Basic Black using Melon Mambo embossing powder and then stamped the flowers on Whisper White with Melon Mambo ink.

Another card we made at the workshop.  One of my favorite new stamp sets, Flower Shop.  The background is done by stamping the flower randomly using Smoky Slate.  I did one flower using Melon Mambo embossing powder on Whisper White.  The Pansy punch makes is so easy to 'cut out' the flower.


We made this card by embossing the Mixed Bunch flower on vellum.  The card base is Crisp Cantaloupe with a layer of Wild Wasabi. The large pearls add a finishing touch.


These Mixed Bunch blossoms were embossed on Whisper White using clear embossing powder.  I then sponged over the design and punched with the Blossom punch.  I used the Woodgrain embossing folder oon some Early Espresso for the background.

One of my favorite cards - the butterfiles are embossed with Basic Black on Whisper White.  I then colored them in with the Marvelous Markers.   The card base is Melon Mambo and the sentiment is stamped on Tempting Turquoise.  A couple Tempting Turquoise candy dots really set it off. 

These butterflies were also embossed with black on Whisper White card stock.  Using a sponge dauber I added a little Daffodil Delight to the center of the butterfly. Then I sponged the outside edges with different colors, from top to bottom, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie,  Tempting Turquoise, Pretty in Pink and Rich Razzleberry.

Another Mixed Bunch card.  I used Gold embossing powser and then painted the design with a blender pen, picking up ink from the lid of the stamp pads.  The colors are Daffodil Delight and Marina Mist.

Butterflies made from the Mixed Bunch stamp.  I embossed with Wild Wasabi and then sponged with Tempting Turquoise and Daffodil Delight.  I cut off two of the petals and curls the others up a little before adding the 1/8 inch taffeta ribbon and basic pearls. 

The watch shape was embossed with Gold on Whisper White.  Then the numerals were stamped/embossed using Black embossing powder.  The clock hands were embossed using Gold and then cut out and added to the clock face.  Other images from the Clockworks stamp set are used in the background.

 
I also tried the Heat and Bond adhesive with the Dazzling Diamonds.  The Mosaic Madness stamp set and coordinating Mosaic punch were used on this one.   I don't usually use glitter because I always make a mess.  I have little bits of glitter all over the place.  I will put this card in an envelope before storing with the others.  :-)
 

And one last one I made after the workshop.   The Crazy for Cupcakes stack was stamped in Basic Gray and colored in using a blender pen.   I added some of the Versamark refill using a Q-tip to the icing areas.  Then added some of the Dazzling Diamonds.  The colors are Very Vanilla, Melon Mambo, Pistacho Pudding, Marina Mist and Sahara Sand.  I added a Marina Mist candy dot and some Very Vanilla seam binding to finish it off.

It was fun playing with ideas for the heat gun and embossing powders.  I need to use them more!

No comments: