Sunday, July 21, 2013

No recipe cooking

Some evenings I like to just experiment and throw things together - sort of like Chopped.  The other evening I had some leftover potatoes and a wedge of cabbage that I needed to use.  Here's what I came up with.  The whole meal was a big hit.
Salmon over a bed of sauteed cabbage
Baked potato cup
Asian green beans (just to have a green vegetable)



Salmon over cabbage - 
I sliced up the wedge of salmon and had about 2 cups total.  I sauteed that in a small skillet with a little salt and pepper.   I used the recipe on the back of the bag of frozen salmon as a start.  Mixed together chili powder, garlic powder, sugar, and salt and rubbed it on the salmon.  I pan seared the salmon and cooked until it was done.



Baked Potato Cup -
I diced up the leftover potatoes and mixed with some sour cream and cheddar cheese.  Spoon the mixture into custard cups and topped with a little more cheese.  Heated in the microwave until the cheese melted.

Asian Green Beans -
Drained a can of green beans and tossed them with some Ken's Light Asian Ginger dressing.  Heated  until warm.

My husband really liked the green beans.  And it was ready in under 30 minutes.  Guess it was a combination between Chopped and Rachael Ray.

No comments: