Saturday, June 15, 2013

Painting the craft room

Oh my!  Painting the craft room so not much cardmaking going on.  Got the room all torn apart and everything boxed up in the dining room and hallway and major problems at work  - stress and more stress - and then when I get home I don't want to tackle painting.  I did get a break from work today so got the room painted and started putting things back in the room. 
 
Doesn't it look nice.  The paint is Hint of Violet.  It looks like a lighter shade of the guest bathroom so coordinates well.  I am rearranging the room so I can get a computer cabinet that we have in the family room moved into the craft room for a Big Shot station.   We don't have a PC any more - all have laptops - so the cabinet is just housing the printer that we use occasionally.  I may move the small desk to the family room to use for the printer - or may move the printer to my craft oom :-)
 
I started putting away some of my collection of stamps, punches, ribbons, etc and just had to stop and make a card with some of the new (retruned from previous years) colors,  Bermuda Bay,  Crushed Curry, and Soft Sky.
 

I set up the card table since my craft table is currenlty stored in the garage.  Not a lot of room to play there after I got out the new stamp sets, inks and ribbons.   I used one of the new hostess sets, Simply Sketched, and Bermuda Bay ink to stamp the image and sentiment.  The Bermuda Bay 1/8 inch ribbon is new and looks nice on the Soft Sky card stock.
I love the Crushed Curry with the blues.  It is a simple and quick card but looks pretty nice.  Would love to play some more but it is time for bed and tomorrow will be another busy day.

No comments: