Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Thank you cards

My daughter has a need for Thank You cards after the birth of our granddaughter and all the wonderful friends who have provided meals for their little family.  They will be moving next week and some of the ladies at church will be providing freezer meals for them to help out while they get settled.  No more sitting and holding the baby for hours with nothing else to do :-)  Plenty of unpacking and setting up the house.

I made these using prepped items I had for the Simple Card Workshop a couple weeks ago.  The cards work up so quickly when the cutting is allready done.   The Designer Series Paper is retired but one of my very favorites!

Another retired DSP.  I got the idea for these on Pinterest.  Someone posted a one-sheet-wonder layout where you take an 8 x 8 inch square of DSP and cut particular sizes so very little waste. I had already cut this DSP for another project and then did not use it so did not have an 8 x 8 inch square so just cut what I wanted and went with that.  

I love the linen thread and crochet trim.   The beautful warm brown for the sentiment and floral stamp is the new Baked Brown Sugar IN Color.  

Another idea from the one sheet wonder layout.   So simple but attractive.  You can do this with any DSP and just use coordinating colors.


This one is nothing like the one I saw on Pinterest. :-)  Sometimes you just have to go with your own mojo.

So - since I just had a few scraps of that one sheet of DSP left, I went ahead and made a few birthday cards since I am always in need of those.

 I really do like the crochet trim and the linen thread so had to do that on one of my cards.  It was hard to give my daughter all the thank you cards but this helped.

 And something different here with the seam binding pulled through the card stock and tied.  I like the off-centered circles.  So easy!
Seeing lots of cards with the banner type strips of DSP and card stock.  The one on the left has some 3/8 inch ribbon tied on with the linen thread.


And this was the last of the DSP.  Just random sized pieces so I threw them together on a couple cards and topped with the postage stamp punched sentiment. 

I have also been working on another OMG album.


  This one is for my husband's niece, born last month.  Mom picked out the dark pink and lime green colors and I am excited about doing the rest of the album (I just have the front and back done but will finish it up this week I'm sure). 

Look who came to see Grandma and Grandpa this evening.   She comes to visit and always falls asleep - guess we are boring old folks :-)  That are we just have that touch and she feels comfortable in our arms.  It is such a joy to hold her.

1 comment:

BeeJane said...

I'll be CASEing some of these cards as I also have lots of DSP to use... a package goes a long way!

Love the baby photo!