Sunday, May 5, 2013

Repurposing kits

I made up some kits for a Kids' Mother's Day workshop and had extra since I made about twice as many as I need.  Wanted everyone to be able to pick the color and paper they liked for their mom.  So when they were finished and gone this afternoon, I repurposed the paper that was already cut for layering.  It was fun trying to come up with some different layouts - some are not so different.

This is the one that started it.  One of the kids mis-punched the holes for the ribbon and then made another mistake so we just started over on that one with a different kit.  I knew I would be able to use the pieces for something else.   I love the colors on this paper ( and they would have been a good choice for the mom - but oh well).   The patterned papers are all retried and some of the card stock will be soon.


 Here is another.  For the Mother's Day gift they used one side of the paper for part of the design and the back side for the other.  I really like these two patterns together.  Some did not work so well.

 The back side of this paper did not look right so I just did all three with the same side.

 For this one I modified a little.  It was fun trying to come up with new ideas.

 I am not an 'orange' lover but I do like it with the red and blue.

I love the soft suede with the blues.  I quickly got the 6 cards done with the leftover from the kits and did not have a lot of leftover scraps.  I do haves some of the solid card stock so might work on another design I want to try from the new catalog.

No comments: