Wednesday, May 1, 2013

New catalog, New colors, New products!!!

One of my favorite days of the Stampin Up year - the new catalog arrived today with my preorder items.  I just had to play a little :-)


This is a quick card using the new IN Colors. (The photo does not do justice to the colors.  You really must see them in person!) 
The card base is Crisp Cantaloupe. The two bunting type stripes were cut using the Tasteful Trim Bigz XL die from card stock in Coastal Cabana and Strawberry Slush.  The sentiment from the Petite Pairs set was stamped using Baked Brown Sugar ink on Pistachio Pudding card stock.  That was layered on some Baked Brown Sugar card stock.  Don't recognize the punch - it is a new one that I already am in love with - Artisan Label.  Unfortunately the coordinating stamp set was backordered but can't wait for it to arrive. That won't stop me from playing with it.

This is the card we will be making at the Open House on June 1.  It uses some new products and some that were in the spring catalog but are still available in the annual catalog.  A $30 purchase at the Open House will get you a free big catalog. 
The card base is Pear Pizzazz which was one of the 2011-2013 IN colors and was added to the Subtles collection in the Color Refresh this year.



I used the Tasteful Trims again to cut a scalloped piece of the Gingham Garden Designer Series Paper.  Love the colors in that paper - Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Island Indigo, Night of Navy and Pear Pizzazz.. Interestingly I meant to put the strip of DSP on the left side of the card front but goofed - so went with it on the right.  I like it this way :-)  So guess I didn't goof, just surprised myself with my design.


I took a couple random pieces of the washi tape.  It is a sheer tape that has designs similar to the Gingham Garden paper.  Then I placed a strip of the lace tape on top of the washi tape.  Topped that all with a piece of the Tea Lace Paper Doilies. 

And topped it all with one of the Petite Pairs sentiments stamped in Night of Navy on another piece of the Gingham Garden paper.  I punched that with the new Artisan Label punch and then punch two more 'halves' from Night of Navy card stock and placed them behind the whole.  Wrapped that up with some Island Indigo baker's twine and tied on a Vintage Designer Button.

There are so many more exciting things coming in the new catalog.  You won't want to miss the Open House. Come see the new colors and products face to face.  There will be snacks of course, and attendance prizes.  It is Saturday June 1 from 9 am to noon.  Hope to see you there!

No comments: