Friday, June 29, 2012

Play time !

Finally found some time to play with my new toys from the new big catalog.  Since I will be gone all next week and won't get in any stampin' time, felt I had to do some this morning :-) (Any excuse!)
Got out the new stamp sets (not all of them), embossing folders and framelits and thoroughly enjoyed my morning.

Blast Off is my new 'little boy' stamp.  I love it - and I know the young boys at church will love birthday cards like this one.  The spaceship window exactly matches one of the circle punches so I punched it out and stamped the astronaut inside the card.

I used the new IN colors for this one - Midnight Muse, Gumball Green, Summer Starfruit, and Primrose Petals.  It is really an easy card to make but will make some little boy very happy.



A couple new stamps sets here.  Itty Bitty Banners works perfectly with the Bitty Banners framelits.
The butterflies are from the Papillon Potpourri and match the new Elegant Butterfly punch.
The branch is from an old favorite Thoughts and Prayers but the flowers are the IN color Dahlias.


I punched out butterflies from solid catd stock and put them on the card front, then used a mini glue dot to adhere only the center of the stamped butterfly on top.  It looks like a colorful shadow.

Here is another of the Itty Bitty Banners and Papillon Potpourri butterflies.  The embossing along the bottom is one of the two folders in the Delicate Designs set.  This uses Summer Starfruit and Raspberry Ripple.


Here is a close up of the detail of the embossing folder.  It almost looks lke snowflakes to me  :-) The edges were cut with the new Large Scallop edgelit.  I used it reversed to make the scallops on the Whisper White.

This card features the other embossing folder in the Delicate Designs set.  The Midnight Muse ribbon is so pretty.  It comes in all 5 of the new IN colors.

Another close-up of the embossing.  This design also coordinates with the Large Scallop edgelit.


One of my free sets is the Daydream Medallions.  It has various sizes of medallion images that match perfectly to the new Floral Frames Framelits.   I stamped each medallion in a different color...

and cut out a piece of matching solid card stock in each size. I curled the medallion 'petals' a little using my paper piercing tool and then placed it on the matching card stock.  Again, sort of a shadow effect.
I've had lots of fun this morning - also finished up 2 sets of scrapbook pages.  I'll spend the afternoon sorting my scraps of paper and tidying up the craft room so it will be ready for me when I return :-)

No comments: