Friday, June 8, 2012

Out with the OLD, and In with the NEW

I am getting rid of some of my retired papers, embellishments and stamp sets.  See my special June offer HERE.
While going through my stash of DSP I found this beautiful paper that I just had to use for some cards.  Stampin Up's papers are so beautiful, sometimes you hate to cover them with a stamped image or sentiment.

 Isn't this just beautiful. I stuck my sentiment in the small area that was pretty much blank on the DSP.

 And this one.  Such a beautiful butterfly!

 This one has a little more room for the sentiment.  This will be a nice card to send to someone going through a rough journey.

Here I liked the way the butterfly was cut off the edge.  Funny story - I stamped the sentiment in Rose Red on the pink background of the DSP and had it adhered to the Tangerine Tango when I dropped it face down on my ink pad.  It got a couple faint lines of the ink on it.  So I rubbed it on the ink pad a little to 'distress' it and make it look like the ink smudges were intentional.   Then it all blended in with the words too much - so I took the Always Artichoke marker and using the fine tip I traced over the letters.  Turned out pretty good, I think!

This stripe is the back of the DSP.  It could be used for a masculine card even with the pink since there are so many other colors on it. 

Here I combined both sides of the DSP - one last butterfly :-) 

And while I was working with DSP, I made a bunch of these cards with different sentiments.  The idea for these were taken from a thank you card I received from another demo, my niece.

The DSP and stamp set are from the Sale-a-bration catalog.  I wanted to use up the DSP - and did use 2 sheets.  I have more from a second pack of the paper :-)
No wonder I love their DSP so much.  The designs are beautiful, often coordinate with one or more stamp sets and the colors make it so easy to plan your cards.  Just grab a sheet of the DSP and then card stock in the colors that coordinate with the DSP - and you have instant card (almost) :-)

So that cleaned out a very small bit of my OLD items..... and just in time because today this arrived....
The stamp sets on top are the ones I earned free through Sale-a-bration.  It was sure hard to choose which two sets to get free.  There are lots more goodies in that box - - - - - - maybe I will post some samples tomorrow to show you what I got - but for now it is off to bed.  It was a very short night last night and I am starting to feel the adverse affects.

2 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

OHMYGOSH!!! Squealing right along with you!!!! How exciting to have your new catalog order in! I didn't think I would be able to order until after my move, but just found out the date we're leaving was moved back almost two weeks. So....my hubby said to go for it & I did! I ordered yesterday and can't wait to get my mitts on all that awesome new stuff!!

Your cards are gorgeous! I don't recognize the DSP you used on the beginning ones but it really is pretty!! I'm a bit of a paper hoarder myself and I really need to USE what I have because it's lovely! You're so right about everything matching - so awesome!

Mary Cavalier said...

Jeannie- The paper is several years old. It was a special pad of paper called Sweet Pea I think - coordinated with some felt flowers. I shared the pack with 3 of my customers and never used any of mine.