Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Prayer Box

A customer asked me to help her design a box that would hold index cards and it gave me an idea for a 'prayer box'.   Each card is for a different person or family that is on your prayer list.  The box is 2 1/4 inches deep so could hold at least 200 index cards  - that's a lot of people to pray for.If you used colored index cards or card stock, you could color-code the cards for family, co-workers, church family, etc.

As you pull a card (or multiple cards) during your prayer time, record notes about the prayer items, then place the card(s) at the back of the box.  As you rotate through the box and come to the card(s) again you can see what was prayed for and how those prayers were answered.


I came up with two designs.  One has a lid that lifts off- similar to the Keepsake Box that I have posted before. The box is Rich razzleberry with some of the retired Razzleberry Lemonade on So Saffron card stock on the lid.  A So Saffron ribbon tied around the middle.



The other has a flip top. This was a little harder to cut and put together but I like it.   I used textured Baja Breeze card stock for this one.  The ribbon is Cherry Cobbler seam binding and I used Cherry Cobbler and More Mustard on the Mixed Bunch flower.  Now which one will I keep for myself and which one do I give as a gift???

No comments: