Monday, May 21, 2012

Paper Roses

I don't know if the flowers on the cards I made today are roses but they could be.  This is a new technique I was testing while making some cards to show off the new IN colors at my Open House on June 1.  


The flowers are pretty easy and can be so versatile.  The new IN colors are combined with Rich Razzleberry, Calypso Coral, and Pumpkin Pie.

 Pumpkin pie card stock and flower brad are paired with the IN colors Summer Starfruit and Gumball Green.  I tried to distress the card stock and then the ribbon looked too new and shiny so sponged some ink on it too. 


This card uses all the new IN Colors.   The friend stamp is from the Perfect Punches stamp set.


And here I combined Calypso Coral and Rich Razzleberry with Gumball Green and Summer Starfruit.  The Summer Afternoon hostess stamp set is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.


While I was playing I got a visit from one of my favorite people :-)   She has no idea how excited I am to get that envelope in her hand.

 Inside the envelope - 15 spools of 1/4 grograin ribbon.  These are being retired so I stocked up and offered to share with my customers.  It will be great having all these colors for my cards, scrapbooking and whatever else comes my way.  I so enjoyed measuring, cutting and bagging all that ribbon :-)

Speaking of flowers,  I am also watching this bud on the fuchsia hanging on the front porch.    In another day or two it will look like this....

The plant is loaded with buds.  About 5 or 6 are open.  Hoping a bunch of them are all open at the same time - it will be stunning if they are.

No comments: