Sunday, May 6, 2012

Clearing out more paper

After the busy day in the kitchen I decided I definitely needed some craft time.  Since my pre-order of the new IN colors and products did not arrive yesterday :-(  I grabbed some scrapbook papers I had purchased and some that were from a scrapbook calender I got for Christmas a couple years ago.  I have lots of that non-SU paper to use up (I will have to live to about 150 if I am going to use it all up).

While some of the paper is cute and the colors are close to SU colors, the paper is not of the same quality.  It is thinner and not as easy to work with. If you adhere it to the wrong spot (even if you don't press it down to secure it) there is not way to pull it off without tearing it.  (Don't ask me how I know )

 I had a full 12 x 12 sheet of this kite paper.  Thought I better use it up while I still had Jane's Send Me Soaring stamp set. 

 Something a little different with the tag punch and the tiny tag.   I believe one of the tag punches is retiring. 



For some of the cards I did not use the stamp set but just let the paper speak for itself :-)   here I used the Lucky Limeade ribbon and brad to create a focal point.

 These young ladies were from the scrapbook calendar.  I thought they look rather "French" and had some samples of the background stamp En Francais that a fellow demo sent when she granted my 'wish'.   These really worked up quickly and thought some young lady might enjoy.

 I had a couple pieces of this graduation paper - and it IS that time of year.   None of the SU paper matched the purple but the So Saffron and Basic Black worked well.

 This is some really fun paper.  Who doesn't like pizza ?  Riding Hood Red and More Mustard matched fairly close.

 I wound up with a few pieces that were narrow.   A very simple card - sometimes that is all you need.

I used the pennant punch to go with the triangular slices of pizza.  
I was able to sit down amd make 24 cards rather quickly so I am stocked up for the all those graduation parties and those cards that I don't need will make great brithday cards.

Thanks for stopping in!

No comments: