Sunday, May 20, 2012

Graduation card tutorial and more kites

I learned the technique for this graudation card here.   These were fun to make and one of my club members helped me enhance it.  Thanks Brenda!

The slit is great for inserting a some money or a gift card.  To see how I made my cards and how to do the slit enhancement, check out my tutorial.


The Send Me Soaring stamp set goes back to my sister this weekend, so thought I better make the most of my time with it.   These cards are cased from other demos.


This was CASED (Copied) from Cassie.   I used the new IN Colors, Gumball Green, Midnight Muse, and Summer Starfruit.  The 'argyle' stripe uses two of the kite stamps. I don't know if it is the new ink formula, the better coverage with the foam pads or just me - but I kept smearing the Midnight Muse.  The ink seems to stay 'wet' longer than the old formula.  Anyone else noticed that?


And this was my design using the argyle strip. Same colors as above.  The green background is card stock that was crimped in one direction then turned and crimped again perpendicularly.  


This is cased from Catherine.  She used a brighter colored DSP and multiple colors for the kite tails. I was a little subdued today. I like the kite outline stamped on the DSP. This is one of the new designs in the Flower District collection.


The star design is from a card by Deb.   I stamped 5 kites and cut them out, then put them together to form the star.   The colors are Primrose Petals, Summer Starfruit and Baja Breeze.


Julie's card inspired me to make this one.   The colors are Tempting Turquoise, Gumball Green, Summer Starfruit, and Island Indigo.  The DSP is from the Summer Smooches collection.

This card is CASED from one by Michelle.  The colors are Tempting Turquoise, Lucky Limeade, Calypso Coral and Rich Razzleberry.   The chevron patterned paper is part of the Summer Smooches DSP collection.
This card is a combination of two cards by Mindy.   The colors are Island Indigo, Gumball Green, Calypso Coral, and Summer Starfruit.  I like them together so you will probably see more of this color combo.

I think I tried everything I wanted to using the Send Me Soaring stamp set.  Unfortunately it is no longer available from Stampin Up.  Thanks Jane for letting me borrow it :-)

No comments: