Tuesday, May 8, 2012

New Technique - Open House

I have found the new technique that I will teach at my open house on June 1.  It is called waxed paper resist and is so easy, no special tools and versatile.  (sorry I won't tell you how until June 1).
This is the card we will make at the open house.  The scalloped circle is the piece that was done with the technique.
 The stamp set is Language of Friendship and I got mine free during Sale-a-bration.  The stamp coordinates with the Bird and Boho Blossom punches.

 Here is a close look at the sentiment and you can see more detail of the scallop circle in the lower right hand corner. 

 I tried to get a  closeup of the scallop circle but it is not that good.  Hard to take photos of glossy paper :-)

 These are samples of the waxed paper technique using the new IN colors,  From Left to Right:
Gumball Green
Midnight Muse
Summer Starfruit
Raspberry Ripple
Primrose Petals

 Each time you do the waxed paper technique, your result is unique.  The design on this sheet is different than .....

the design on this sheet.  It will be so much fun to see all the different 'patterns' on June 1 - won't you join us?   Refreshments, a take-home card that you made, and attendance prizes - and it's free :-) Anyone who RSVP's will get a double chance at the attendance prizes.
You can find all the details about my open house on my Calendar Blog.

No comments: