Thursday, April 26, 2012

Soaring Kites

This is the other card for the club on Saturday. It is CASED from a card we made at the regional convention in Milwaukee.  I don't have the Send Me Soaring stamp set but my sister (and upline) loaned me hers for a month or so. 

 The kite is stamped on a 3 inch circle of Whisper White card stock that is anchored with a mini- brad in the center.  You can turn the wheel and change the kite as you desire.  The colors used are Lucky Limeade, Calypso Coral, Island Indigo and Basic Gray.

 A turn of the wheel and you have a different kite.  A piece of Baker's twine is tied in a bow and added to the kite's tail.  I am thinking this would make a great graduation card.

 And another turn and you have a third kite.  Wouldn't this be a fun card to receive?   I think I will make some birthday cards like this too before I have to return her stamp set.

This is the card we made at the regional convention.  It takes the longer, narrow envelopes which I did not have so I tweaked the design to make a card that fit the standard invitation envelopes.  I wound up actually tearing this card apart to make get my card to work - and then put it back together again.  The dimensionals used to attach the front to the base made it easy to dismantle without tearing the card stock.

No comments: