Friday, April 20, 2012

Retiring Hostess Sets

The hostess sets in the current catalog will also be retiring on June 1. I have really enjoyed some of those (of course I have almost all of them!)
Simply Soft is a nice two step stamp set. Here I used one of the flower outline stamps and Soft Suede ink to make a background in various shades of brown.  I stamped numerous times on the Whisper White without reinking.   After letting it dry thoroughly, I ran it through the Big Shot using the Snowflake embossing folder.    I stamped the complete image (outline in Soft Suede and flowers in Wisteria Wonder) for my focal image.   Embellished with Soft Suede ribbon and an IN Color brad - it makes a very nice blank note card.

Another of the floral designs in the Simply Soft set. I used Regal Rose and Soft Suede for this card.  The floral outlines were stamped in Soft Suede and then on the 'focal' ones I added the Regal Rose flowers.  I then added a drop of Crystal Effects on the individual flowers.  (Hard to see in the photo but it really made the flowers POP).  Some sponging with Soft Suede and a Soft Suede ribbon with a rhinestone finish the card

Here I just did random flowers using Basic Grey for the outline and Wisteria Wonder for the flowers.  The card stock is Wisteria Wonder and Certainly Celery.  A Certainly Celery ribbon with the IN Color brad embellish this simple card.

This is a set I imagine I will hold onto - and use for my own personal cardmaking.

No comments: