Sunday, April 22, 2012

Gourmet Pizza and Military Thank Yous

Another batch of whole wheat pizza crust today. I sent all the other crusts home with Katie so had to make more for Bekah, Tom and I.  It is so easy with the bread machine - and if I say so myself I am getting pretty good at rolling out the dough.  Four ounces of dough makes a nice thin crust in the pie pans - just the way I like it.
So tonight I had a gourmet pizza -
 I started with a Roma tomato sliced very thinly .  Just enough to cover the crust.

 Then the last of a jar of greem olives I found in the frig. 

 Some carmelized onions.  Just saute some thinly sliced onion in a little olive oil until they start to brown - smells so good and tastes even better.

 Crumble on some feta cheese and add a little Italian seasoning. 

 Bake for 10 minutes and delicioso!   I must say it took me longer to make it than to eat it :-)


While it baked I took pictures of some of the cards made yesterday to thank the military.

 Abigail come up with this design.  The striped paper had a star punched from it for another card and I showed her how she could layer it over the blue.  She added the three stars in red.  I like the 'nautical' look.

 I showed Grace how to do the dougle star by punching the small star first and then centering that in the large star punch.  One of the things I love about the Stampin Up punches is the fact that you can see what you are punching.

Angie added some interest to her envelope with the star and Thank You greeting.  I may have to copy that on some of my envelopes.

We had a great time. I enjoyed teaching them how to make cards and customize their designs.  I hope they enjoyed it too.  I know the cards will encourage the soldiers that receive them.  These will be sent to Operation Write Home along with a box of cards for the soldiers to sent to their families.

1 comment:

Queenie Jeannie said...

I love pizza too!!! Good idea about using the bread machine for the crust!

Love the military "thank yous"!!!!! I know they will be greatly appreciated!