Saturday, August 28, 2010

Club #2 Kick-off

Club #2 began today - what fun! It was good to be with old friends and make some new ones.


This is the first card we made. I did the Smooch Spritz before-hand because I am pretty messy when doing that.
Stamp Sets: Thoughts and Prayers, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, More Mustard, Cajun Craze
Punches: Small Oval, Scalloped Oval
Embellishment: More Mustard brads
Ink: Cajun Craze, Log Cabin Smooch Spritz

This is another card we made. It featured the Big Shot and embossing folder Vintage Wallpaper and the Presto Paper.
Card Stock: Bravo Burgundy, Marina Mist, Sahara Sand and Presto Paper
Ink: Sahara Sand
Ribbon: Whisper White Organza

My favorite of the three we made today is this one.
Stamp Set: Hello Again
Card Stock: Pretty in Pink, Concord Crush, Basic Gray, Very Vanilla, Lap of Luxury DSP
Ribbon: 3/8 inch organza Pretty in Pink
Ink: Basic Gray marker and ink pad, Concord Crush marker


And our project:
Stamp Sets: Batty for You, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card Stock: Whisper White, Tangerine Tango, Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant
Punches: Wide Oval, Scallop Oval, 1 3/8 inch Circle, Scallop Circle
Embellishment: Old Olive 5/8 inch grosgrain ribbon, Glimmer Brads

And here is the treat inside :-)

It was a great time and hope everyone learned something to take home and use for their own cardmaking and scrapbooking.

9 comments:

Queen Bea Scraps said...

Just stopping by to let you know that I'm now following you from SC.

You can follow me at queenbeascraps.blogspot.com

Ida Chan Stampin' Up! Demonstrator said...

Cute! love the halloween treat!!

I'm following you thru SC. hope you can do the same.

http://604clothpaperscissors.blogspot.com

Cindy said...

I like the Hello card best, too. Love how the last flower is popped up. I found you through SC and am now a follower. Please follow me, too! http://www.heartsdelightcards.blogspot.com/

Penny Hanuszak said...

How lucky your stamp club is Mary! Saw you on SC and now I'm a follower. You can follow me at:

http://pennytokensstampinspot.blogspot.com

Gloria Cardoza said...

Wow I saw so many pretty cards. Don't know which one to be specific about. i visiting via SC. You can find me as #209 on the list or at

www.gloriaslegacystamping@yahoo.com

~~Rhonda said...

I love cards with ribbons. Especially those gauzy ribbons. Does CM still carry the 1/4 and 1/2" ones in many colors?

Mary Cavalier said...

Rhonda - It is SU not CM :-) They only carry the white organza like I used on the presto paper card above. But it is very easy to dye it with your inks so it can match anything. If you're interested I can send you come links - or maybe I will have to do a tutorial.

helloholley said...

Great projects....following from SC!

Amy Rogers said...

Beautiful projects!!! I'm following you...
Amy
http://amysstampincreations.blogspot.com/