Sunday, August 15, 2010

It's Halloween today :-)

I have been making little treat boxes for Halloween today. So much fun! I got the idea from Pink Buckaroo Designs. I modified them and made them a little easier (although probably not as sturdy).


Here is the lot- One is not Halloween as you will see but the others are Halloween themed. These could be made for any holiday or special occasion. If you would like to see how to make mine - I have a tutorial on my tutorial blog.

This is the one that is not Halloween.
Stamp Set : Tart and Tangy, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White, Apricot Appeal (can use So Saffron - that was just a scrap of the retired paper in my scrap box).
Punches: 1 3/8 inch circle, Word Window, Scallop Circle
Ink: Old Olive, Tangerine Tango
Embellishments: Flower Brad

I used the citrus theme because it holds a bottle of Coconut Lime Verbena hand sanitizer.


Paper: Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White, Basic Gray, Nite Owl DSP (Holiday Mini Catalog preview)
Stamp Set: Batty for You
Punches: 1 3/8 inch circle, Scallop Circle, 3/4 inch circle, Ticket Corner
Embellishment: Black Glimmer Brad (Holiday Mini Catalog preview)

Paper: More Mustard, Old Olive, Tangerine Tango
Stamp Set: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Batty for You
Punches: Boho Blossoms, Medium Oval, 1 3/8 inch circle, Scallop Circle, Ticket Corner
Embellishments: More Mustard brad, Old Olive grosgrain ribbon


Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White
Stamp Set: Batty for You, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Punches: Medium Oval, Scalloped Oval, 1 3/8 inch circle, Scallop Circle
Embellishments: Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, Glimmer Brads (Holiday Mini Catalog preview)

Using the medium oval punch twice - you can fit in two starburst candy packets

Or a small bag of Skittles. Then I wanted to try one more to see if I could fit in something other than candy.



Stamp set: Batty for You
Paper: Always Artichoke, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White, Nite Owl DSP (Holiday Mini Catalog preview)
Punch : Scallop Border
Ink: Basic Gray
Embellishments: Basic Black taffeta ribbon.


For this one I decorated the inside - a parade of ghosts:-)



And using the Word Window punch two or three times, I was able to make an opening for the Trident pack of gum.

1 comment:

~Erica~ said...

Great Job Mary! Thanks for sharing the link and I love the changes you made! :-)