Saturday, August 14, 2010

Christmas is coming!

Today Christmas came to my work room. I had another mirror workshop and this time the mirror had a Christmas theme. It always amazes me how these mirrors come together. The customer chooses colors and papers, then we just start looking at ideas and put it all together.



Isn't it cute? The paper is from last year (retired). We started with the reindeer in the lower right corner and it just went from there. The customer came up with the tree design on the left and we worked together on the ribbons and sentiment.



This is a close up of the reindeer. I CASED this from Kay Sha (another SU demo) who posted her reindeer on the SU demo website. We made a couple changes ( used a circle of paper on a dimensional for the nose and added the white highlights on the eyes and nose) but for the most part it is like Kay's. I wasn't sure of some of the punches she used but came up with something that worked.



So this got me in the mood :-) Kay had done all 8 of Santa's reindeer and since I started with a red-nosed one, I decided to make 9 for a scrapbook layout. It took me most of the afternoon but I punched out all the reindeer body pieces then worked on them one at a time. Each one is unique - just like people :-)



Here is the first page. You can see Rudolph leading the way. Then I guess we have Dasher, Dancer, and Prancer.





And this would be Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder and Blitzen. I was very pleased with all of them.




Here are close ups of them so you can see more of the detail.







No comments: