Saturday, September 4, 2010

OWH #1 (and why I'll keep my DH)



Last night, 6 of my stampin buddies came over and helped use up some of my surplus and retired stash to make cards for Operation Write Home. We wouldn't all fit in my craft room so I drug out lots of stuff to the living room and dining room.

Several also went through their stash at home and pulled out cards they know they will never use. What a bunch of cards!I could kick myself for not taking some pictures of the ladies - had my camera laying out but never picked it up!
This is one of my favorites of the donated cards. I plan to CASE it with the Fast and Fabulous stamp set and the 1/8 inch taffeta ribbon.


Today, I am so thankful for my hubby - here's why -

My living room is still in complete disarray from the workshop last night - not to mention the dining room table is still covered with cardmaking supplies!
There is a 6 foot long table in the middle of the room with the kitchen chairs still around it. The couches are both covered with boxes of paper, stamp sets, ribbon, brads, and all sorts of scraps and die cuts.

I had to pile up things for him to sit and watch his morning TV while eating his cereal. Not a complaint! He just came through and noticed that he had not taken his bowl and spoon to the kitchen - not a comment about the rest. And most of this will stay in the living room until Sunday afternoon. DD#1 and SIL are going to sleep here tonight and it just gives them more space in the craft room/spare room without my table set up.

Here is DH's to-do list for today - (Someone once corrected me and said it is a honey-do list - not in this house - he makes a much longer list than I would ever dream of)


And not a complaint about my 'stuff'
Now, you all know how I have so much time to stamp and play. Of course, I do have to do some grocery shopping and cook a few meals over the weekend - but he cleans up after me :-) I think I'll keep him!

2 comments:

Created by Kath said...

Your DH is definitely a keeper!

Unknown said...

Wow! Does he have a brother? Just kidding. He sounds like a wonderful husband! I think I need to send my husband to yours so he can train him on doing to-do lists. :)