Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Lots of time for cards today

Last day of vacation and lots of time for cardmaking :-)  So I'll just shared photos of some of my favorites.
 I have been playing with the clay molds recently and here I have used one of the buttons.   I like the simple two- tone (Island Indigo and Whisper White)
 I also played with the sunburst design.  It is fun and I plan to put together a tutorial on this soon.

 This is also a starburst variation using DSP.  This one features the Sweater Weather DSP and the This and That washi tape.

 I worked with some more faux patina.  For the tab in the upper right corner, I punched out the Modern Label and took a scrap of Marina Mist with 'love' stamped on it and positioned it behind the opening.  Then I folded the Modern Label in half and adhered it back in place.  Added a color dot for an accent.  Easy and something different.

 I sponged the white doily with some Crumb Cake and Sahara Sand and then folded it twice. 

 And another faux patina plus one of the clay mold flowers.   I used the piercing tool and template to make a design on the card stock.

 I love these colors- Crisp Cantaloupe and Pistachio Pudding.  The clay button was made using Gumball Green re-inker to color the clay before molding.

The clay was colored with Cherry Cobbler before molding and the color came out very close to Strawberry Slush - so I combined them with Smoky Slate and Pistachio Pudding. 

Had a lot of fun today.  It felt good to just play with everything. 

No comments: