Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Stay-cation

Last week I took a staycation - sort of.  We had out of town guests and a family get-together on Saturday so I decided to take some time off and we did some tourist things in the area.
 
On Wednesday we went shopping - antiques, crafts, etc.  My 'find' was a patchwork design called "Twister".   I couldn't wait to try it with Designer Series Paper -
 
 

It is a simple technique once you know the trick.  I'll probably be posting a tutorial soon.   We saw some lovely quilts and wall hangings using this little design.

On Thursday we visited Aunt Faye.  She suffers from some memory loss but she always can make us laugh. She has such a great sense of humor.  Then we introduced some of the family to the granddaughter - what fun!

On Friday, we sent to the Missouri Botanical Gardens and had a personal tour by our niece who works in the children's section.  It is a beautiful place. 

This cutie and her mama joined us.  We had a great time.  For lunch we met a high school classmate of my sister's at Square One Brewery and then stopped in to admire some glass art work at a nearby shop. 

Saturday was the Phamily Phish Phry on Phred's Pharm :-)   It was hot but the young ones enjoyed the pool.  The horses even went swimming.

Sunday - after everyone was gone, I played with my new toy - the Circle Card die. 

It makes a cute and easy flip card.   I used Gingham Garden DSP.  The stamp set is Petite Pairs.    This is the front when the card is folded.


And when you open it, the flip side.  Such a fun card and so easy with the die. 

1 comment:

BeeJane said...

Awaiting your tutorial for the twister card... love it!
It was a great week. Thanks for all your planning!!!
Flip card is gorgeous.