Sunday, August 4, 2013

Favorite Color Combo

My favorite color combo (at least this week) is Crushed Curry, Marina Mist and Calypso Coral.  I used that on a card last week and just fell in love with it.

 This is the card that started it all. 
Card Stock - Crushed Curry, Calypso Coral
Paper - Marina Mist DSP
Ribbon - Crushed Curry Chevron
Candy Dots -  Crushed Curry
Stamp Set - Crazy for Cupcakes (retired)

And when you open the card.....

 a cupcake pops up!  I colored it using watercolor pencils and a blender pen.  Gave this one to a little girl at church who wanted to blow out the candle -- -now how could I rig that up ??

 And since I had this piece of Calypso Coral heart paper I made an anniversary card for some friends who celebrated their 32nd last week.  They are a special couple so wanted a special card just for them.  When you open it ......

hearts pop up.  This card is full of love - just like their marriage.  I have so many ideas for these pop-up cards.  And they are so easy!

 This one uses a masking technique to form a frame around the stamped image.
Card stock - Calypso Coral, Marina Mist, Crushed Curry, Whisper White
Stamp set - Simply Sketched
Ink - Marina Mist, Basic Gray
Markers - Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzazz

And one more with a new technique  - using painter's tape used to transfer ink onto the card stock.
Card Stock  -  Marina Mist, Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry
Stamp Set - A Word for You (retired)
Chevron Ribbon - Crushed Curry
Ink- Crushed Curry, Calypso Coral, Marina Mist.

Aren't these fun colors?  I think they reminde me of Dr Suess books or the movie Hook when Peter begins to 'see' the food - all the bright colors. 

No comments: