Friday, August 16, 2013

New technique - baby wipe plaid

I found a new technique on  You Tube - baby wipe plaid.  It is very easy and you get a unique background for your card front.
I created a tutorial for the technique which you can find here - Baby Wipe Plaid

 
For this group I used Basic Gray plus two retired colors, Not Quite Navy and More Mustard.
 

By using the baby wipe on numerous pieces of card stock, you can get variations of color.  This one was the third or fourth piece I did in this group. 

Here I used Gumball Green with the retired Not Quite Navy and More Mustard.  i also made 4 pieces with the same inked applicator for this combo.

This was my favorite card of the groups. It makes a nice masculine card but is more interesting than just a piece of plain card stock on the front.


 
This is another favorite - using Rose Red, Gumball Green and Island Indigo.    I added a little bit of the Island Indigo baker's twine to the image to give it some depth. 
Le

No comments: