Sunday, August 18, 2013

A quick Saturday craft

Every day is better with a little crafting.  Saturday I got in a variety of things    First when we took Adelyn home, Tom helped them get the mobile hung over the crib.

He had given them a hook to screw into the ceiling but they couldn't get it to work.  Tom checked it out and after playing with it and not having much luck he realized the piece that should be opened and catching inside the ceiling was on the screw backwards.  :-)  So now it is securely hung over the crib and Adelyn wil have something to look at and talk to when she wakes up.

 
When we got back home, Tom took his nap and I put together this cabinet for the craft room. It also serves as the nightstand when the inflatable bed is up for our guests. Turned out pretty well, I think.  I spent several hours putting things away and getting the room ready for the bed since we will have a house guest next week.   But I had to do a little crafting too -
 
 
This is a gift for a friend who recently had a baby.  I call it a shelf sitter.  This is the front panel.  I knew I wanted to use Soft Suede and love the way So Saffron looks with it.  I found a piece of retired Designer Series Paper that I thought looked good with those two colors.
 
 
You open it up like an accordion and set it on the mantle or a shelf.  She can add a picture of each of her kids to this side.
 
 
 
You can also put photos on the back or just leave it plain.  When you want to change things up a little just turn it around for a different look.
 
Since I had just a few scraps of the DSP left, I figured I would just put together a few cards to use it all up. 
So here are the anniversary cards I put together.  So all in all it was a pretty productive day.  Love days like that! 

No comments: