Thursday, January 17, 2013

New products - let's have a class!

I received some new embossing folders from the Occasions Catalog and love them!  So we are having an embossing folders class.  Attendees will make 4 beautiful cards using the embossing folders. 

My current favorite embossing folder is the new Honeycomb.  It is so much fun!


Here I use a stencil cut from a scrap of card stock that I embossed with the folder and sponged ink onto the honeycomb sections.  Cute!

A little different.  I am using this design for a class on embossing folders.  The stamp set is retired but you could use any sentiment.

For this one I used the Tiny Tags stamp set and made it into a valentine or anniversary card.



I think this is my favorite. I used Crumb Cake card stock and inked the folder with Soft Suede.  The hexagons were cut from Well Worn DSP.


Some other fun with embossing folders - I punched the circles by using 2 circle punches and doing the smaller one first.  Then punch around the hole you just made. After gluing them to the white card stock, I embossed with the square lattice.  This gave me a lot of inner circles (sort of like donut holes).

I used those circles for this card.  It is embossed with Vintage Wallpaper.  I also used the new Ciao Baby stamp set and 7/8 inch scallop circle punch.



Here I have used the new Cloudy Day folder for the sky and also to cut out some clouds from Whisper White.  The bottom is embossing with the Vine Street folder. 

More embossing folder cards coming up soon.  I have had so much fun finding things you can do with them.

No comments: