Friday, January 25, 2013

Purple Ladybug

Have you ever seen a purple ladybug?  I have.  One of the little girls at church has a purple ladybug pillow pet that she dearly loves.   We were on a road trip together last summer and she had to have her ladybug to cuddle with on the trip.    I made note of it so I could do something special just for her on her birthday card.  Well, her birthday is next week so I had to get started.
I had saved a blogpost by Debbie Henderson that showed a punch art ladybug.  It is really very simple.
 

Purple Ladybug
It did turn out cute, didn't it ?  I hope she likes it.
 

 
The card uses some retired DSP with Certainly Celery leaves and flowers.  Where else would you find a ladybug?    I used the polka dot Elegant Eggplant DSP for the ladybug body and the scallop around the sentiment.   The rhinestones were colored with a black permanent marker but for some reason they looked like a dark purple.  Worked for me. 

And while I was playing I used some of my new toys from Sale-a-bration and the Spring Catalog.


Feeling Sentimental
 I wasn't sure I wanted this stamp set but had to choose something and had already gotten the ones on my wish list.  I 'm glad I got it.  It really looks so impressive in real life.   I used Gumball Green and Midnight Muse.   I double stamped the sentiment on a whim - I did it in green and thought it needed something more so I tried adding the blue.  I just did it free hand and thank goodness it looks good.

Oh Baby Quilted
Another of the embossed cards that look like quilting.    I used some scraps of DSP for the 1 inch squares but the embossing sort of hides the designs in the paper. 

Baby Quilt For You
This one really looks like a baby quilt.   Showers are being planned for my daughter and granddaughter so I will have occasion to use a couple of these cards.  Such exciting times! 

I want to try this with primary colors to see how that will look.  I like this color combo but not sure it is the best for this technique.

No comments: