Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Card Club weekend


This weekend is the first card club of 2013.  I was so happy to have osme new products to play with from the Spring Catalog and Sale-a-bration brochure.   And also found some fun techniques to use with my older toys.
 
 
Quilted double embossing
These circles are easy to make with the 1 inch and 1 1/4 inch punch.  Just punch the smaller circle and then center the hole from that in the larger punch.   This looks like a quilted square to me. Colors are Night of Navy, Old Olive and Daffodil Delight. 

 
Sponged Honeycomb
This is the new Honeycomb embossing folder.  I simply love it!   I created a stencil by taking a scrap of card stock and embossing it.  I then cut out the center of one of the Honeycomb hexagons and used that to sponge the colors on this card front.  The colors are Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse, Gumball Green and Primrose Petals.
 
 
Sycamore and Vine
 
This card uses the Vine Street embossing folder.  I did just one vine along the edge of the card stock.  I like how the same design is repeated in the Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper.    Both are free during Sale-a-bration.

Tunnel card inside

Inside the card is a pop-out center with the sentiment placed behind that. It is called a tunnel card.
 A fun card to make and give.   More paper from the Sycamore Street collection.  The die is from the Apothecary Accents set and the stamp is one of the Wacky Wishes.  
 
More cards coming soon.   I have lots of photos from the Embossing Folders Class I had last weekend.  So much fun!




No comments: